So I chatted you up about WORKOUT PANTS. As promised, here’s what to look for in the other most important article of clothing a lady needs to invest in to protect her equipment or investments, this is LA…yes, SPORTS BRAS! YAY! Avoid workout bounce to fight gravity long term. We know too well how easily a face can show your age. Similarly, the thin skin and delicate breast tissue also requires cautious care. While fewer people may see the boobies, let’s make sure all enjoy the show. Join me on my mission to finally look 30 when we’re 60! I was reminded to post this as Champion is having a huge sale on sports bras, and also offering free shipping on orders larger than $100.
I’m going to concern us with bras that provide the most motion control for running, jumping and other high impact activities, as finding enough support for basic yoga is less of an undertaking. Right?
Top 5 Support Rules:
1. Seek a T-back or Racer (X-shaped) backs as they draw support in all directions.
2. Avoid skinny straps, they will quickly stretch out and give way to gravity.
3. Avoid “seamless” sports bras by all brands. The pantyhose-like material is too thin to provide substantial support.
4. Like a machine at the gym, the more adjustment points, like back closure and adjustable straps, the more perfect fit and thus stability you gain. Plus, it makes getting bra on/off easier.
5. If you’re more endowed (C or larger), search for a high impact bra that covers higher up on your chest and has lining and/or molded cups.
* BRA TOPS/TANKS: It is also worth noting here, that the bra tops that extend longer to the mid abs or bra tanks extending to the waist are not as supportive as a sports bra. I can’t stand them, but I have heard this sentiment ever more loudly from larger breasted women. The biggest problem is with the sole source of support, the below breast elastic, which is never very thick in these tops/tanks, permitting it to ride up inconveniently. Put your money in the bra. Wear a bra top over it if you please, but a tank or t-shirt works just as well as the bra is what will provide motion control.
For small to medium busted ladies like me, Nike offers the best bra at the most reasonable price. The Pro Women’s Training Bra comes in variety of pretty colors every season, and is a decent deal at $28, and a steal at $21.97 if you can find last season’s, like the second link below. Regarding support level, you can search Nike’s site for low/med/high impact sports bras. The Pro Women’s Training Bra is categorized as medium; however I find it supportive enough for running, jumping, etc.
$28.00 LIVESTRONG Dri-FIT Women’s Sports Bra
My favorite Champion sports bra is now on sale, $29.99 from $36. This is truly the most durable sports bra I’ve ever purchased. I have several I wear weekly that are just as good as when I bought them two years ago. Plus, the supportive interior not only nixes nip-shows, it also provides curves. You actually look like you gained a cup size!
For Large Bust Try:
The amped version of the Champion T-Back: the Champion 360° Max Support covers a little higher in the front to catch you on the upswing of high impact activities. Plus, they’ve really gone the extra mile to provide comfort with support, a new concept. In the past, large busted women have had few options besides squeezing into the most painfully tight sports bra to find support. However, the Champion 360° Max Support enlists a mesh-covered racer-back, lined with soft wicking fabric, thicker cushioned straps that won’t stretch, oversized keyhole for cooling ventilation, foam-cushioned hook-and-eye close for easy on/off, and plush elastic bottom band, designed to resist ride-up; so support and comfort are no longer mutually exclusive! Plus, save $10 bucks, on sale for $29.99 from $40.
Despite violating Support Rule #1 with an open U-Back, the Nike Swift U-Back has thick adjustable straps and back closure, molded cups and appears incredibly well built. I wanna try this one just ‘cause it looks hot! With bright jewel two-tone curves and open back – looks like a bustier!
$50.00 Nike Swift U-Back Women’s Sports Bra
Hope this is helpful. As always, never hesitate to ask if you have questions. Got your back, but booby watch is up to you!